BRAD operates 4 senior Wellness Centers in Clay, Lawrence, and Randolph counties. The Senior Wellness Centers are open 5 days per week. Our Central kitchen is located at 1302 Pace Road in Pocahontas. These Centers serve as focal points for senior services in the community with an emphasis on Health and Wellness issues.
Senior Centers make available to persons 60 + and to a spouse of an active participant the following services that foster the health and well being of older persons. All meals served are USDA approved and meet the 1/3 RDA.
Our program provides:
- Congregate Meals Hot, nutritious noon meals are served daily.The meal contains one-third of the daily recommended dietary allowance. Nutrition Education programs are regularly scheduled as an integral part of the service.
- Homebound Meals Meals are delivered to the homes of frailor disabled persons who are unable to go to the Senior Citizen Centers and who cannot prepare nutritious meals for themselves. These meals contain one-third of the daily recommended dietary allowance. Nutrition Education materials are provided in the home.
- Transportation Persons are transported in groups as the to the Senior Citizen Centers, medical facilities, recreational and educational activities Social Services, and Social Security Offices, and for shopping needs.
- Elderchoices The intent of the Elderchoices Program is to help elderly people remain in their homes, or in the homes of relatives or caregivers, as an alternative to nursing home placement.
- Social & Recreational Activities Various activities such as arts and crafts, table games, music, exercise classes, educational programs, counseling, information and assistance, outreach, and other activities provide a means for increasing social contact among older persons. Out of town trips are plaanned, such as charter bus tours to museums, site seeing and travel.