Corning Child Development Center is hiring for a Teacher Assistant (Pre-K) position. The hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Works with the Center Director and Teacher to ensure planning and implementation of learning experiences that promote school readiness skills.
- Works to establish and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment, including all health and safety-related activities with children tooth brushing, daily health checks, hand washing and teaching safe and health practices through curriculum and safety drills.
- Works to support the children’s social and emotional development.
- Uses the ITERS instrument as a guideline to maintain state accreditation for quality.
- Documentations of feedings and diapering/toileting will be shared with families daily.
- Prepares weekly lesson plans to be approved by the Center Director utilizing the Creative Curriculum.
- Participates in the tier coaching model to ensure success. Additionally, teachers will be coached and participate in professional development through the Teachstone platform.
- Organizes and participates in games, reads to children, and guides them in painting, drawing, pre-literacy activities, songs, and finger-plays in indoor and outdoor learning environments.