BRAD is hiring for a Housing Administrative Assistant at our Central Office location. This position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.. 30-minute lunch break.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Keeps official corporation records and executes administrative policies determined by or in conjunction with other officials by performing the following duties:
- Will demonstrate the utmost confidentiality in all program operations.
- Will perform regular office duties such as answering the phone, greeting visitors, and professionally taking messages.
- Take pre-applications and explain the program requirements to applicants and landlords.
- Maintain applications and explain program requirements to applicants.
- Verify applicant information to determine eligibility.
- Maintain a waiting list and update information.
- Notify ineligible applicants in writing of non-eligibility status and inform them of their rights to an informal hearing.
- Perform new tenant briefing to determine eligibility and complete required paperwork.
- Maintain a payment register for each tenant.
- Prepare program forms and correspondence and ensure proper documents.
- File correspondence and tenant files in proper order and place.
- Maintain and keep an accurate record of all active tenants by their recertification date and ensure proper documents are in the file.
- Prepare copies and responsible for preparing program packet; net tenant, landlords, leasing, recertification; applications and ensure that there is an adequate supply.
- Prepare and mail letters of annual re-exam appointments 90 days in advance to selected tenants.
- Prepare and mail letters of re-exam to the landlord and tenants 30 days before the effective date.
- Assist with maintenance issues, complete work orders, and documentation of completed maintenance.
- Assist with contract and handbook compliance.
- All duties and activities must e completed in compliance with BRAD policies and HUD regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.