We are accepting applications for a Child Developmental Center Director in Walnut Ridge.
Job Description Summary: Directs all activities of the Head Start, Early Head Start, CCDF, or ABC facility and ensures that all regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to BRAD Head Start/Early Head Start or ABC are followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all center activities are in full compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, State Licensing requirements, and BRAD Child Development Program policies while maintaining an emphasis on School Readiness Goals, social-emotional development, and parental involvement.
- Maintain knowledge base in ABC regulations, CCDF regulations, Head Start Performance Standards, Environmental Rating Scales, Child Care Licensing, Conscious Discipline, Early Childhood best practices, and all curricula used by BRAD Child Development Programs.
- Immediately report and work to remediate any situation where any activity or condition does not meet standards.
- Responsible for meeting 45-day screening requirements as well as completion of referrals following the referral process.
- Ensure through classroom observation and coaching the program curriculum is fully implemented, that lesson plans are followed each day by staff and that the individualized needs of each child are met. This includes a review of materials to ensure a developmentally appropriate learning environment. Supervise, support, role model for, and evaluate classroom staff at the center and supervisory responsibilities for support staff in the center.
- Monitor the classrooms regularly, but not less than weekly, to ensure that schedules are followed and activities are being carried out as planned and that all staff are performing to their greatest potential following rules and regulations of the BRAD Child Development Programs.
- Conduct staff meetings in the center to keep all staff informed and up to date on current events in the program.
- Provide staff development opportunities through center meetings and training, as well as identifying additional training needs through coaching, monitoring and observations.
- Responsible for progression in professional development, including compliance with training requirements from each funding source.
- Promote parent involvement and active participation of community members in the Head Start/Early Head Start program including maintaining documentation of regular parent meetings.
- Ensure the center is safe and clean at all times. Follow financial software instructions and program policies for purchases and orders.
- Follow the chain of command with center-level concerns in a timely manner.
- Approve and initial all in-kind and submit to the central office by the 5th of each month.
- Update grant applications when notified by state funding sources according to the deadline.
- Responsible for site orientation of all volunteers, substitutes, and new employees. Conducts 45 & 90-day evaluations on all new employees as assigned by Human Resources.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations on all assigned employees after their first year of employment.
- Submits inventory report to central office Daily operations that include communication and decision making involving teaching staff and other site-specific staff that will ensure best practices are being followed.
BRAD Child Development provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.