THIS IS NOT AN EMERGENCY PROGRAM. THERE IS NO IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE
REGARDLESS OF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES.
You have completed an application for the Housing Choice Voucher Program. Filling out this application places you on the WAITING LIST to receive future rental assistance. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY ASSISTANCE AT THIS TIME. Once we reach your name on the waiting list, you will be notified by mail that we have an opening for you on our program. The length of time you remain on the waiting list will depend on the length of the list. It is your responsibility as the applicant to keep all information and addresses current. If we mail you correspondence and you do not respond, you will be removed from the waiting list.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:
- When your name comes up on the waiting list, we will notify you by mail at the address on your application. We will ask you to come to our office for an interview.
- At the interview, we will verify all the information about your family and income to determine if you are eligible for the program. To be eligible for the program you must meet the term of family and meet the income guidelines that are in effect at the time of your interview.
- If you are determined eligible for the program, you will be given a voucher that explains to you and any landlord you wish to rent from that if you find an appropriate unit, the PHA will be able to assist you with your rent according to your income. (WE CANNOT ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR RENT UNTIL YOUR NAME
COMES UP ON THE WAITING LIST, EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A RENTAL UNIT.)
- Once you find housing and the owner is willing to rent it to you, the PHA will do an inspection and determine if the rent is reasonable through this program and if the unit passes housing quality standards.
- If the unit passes, or once the unit is brought up to pass the inspection, the PHA will sign a contract with the landlord and you will sign a lease. You will be responsible for a portion of the rent calculated using a HUD formula (basically 30% of your adjusted income) and the PHA will pay the balance of the rent to your landlord.
Thank you for your interest in the Housing Choice Voucher Program. Please click the links below to fill out your applications!