BRAD Child Development Program is looking to hire a floater for Black River Child Development Center. The position is Temporary Full-Time for July 2020- July 2021.
- Works with Center Director and teachers to ensure planning and implementation of learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including improving the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy, phonemic, and print awareness, their understanding and use of language, their understanding and use of increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their appreciation of books, their understanding of early math and early science, their problem-solving abilities, and their approaches to learning.
- Works with Center Director and Teachers to establish and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Works to support the social and emotional development of children.
- Works to encourage the involvement of the families of the children in the program and support the development of relationships between children and their families.
- Responsible for assisting the teacher with the day to daycare of the infant and toddlers.
- Responsible for assisting with food service in the classrooms.
- Assists teachers with the daily routine form documenting information to share with parents about their child’s day.
- Assist teachers in lesson planning to individualize for each child.
- Assists teachers in preparing international learning activities so that children can develop to their greatest potential.
- Works with teachers to ensure that the classroom and the children’s restrooms are kept clean and sanitary.
- May assist with a daily health check for each child and record observations.
- May assist with monitoring developmental milestones daily for mastery and updates lesson plans accordingly.
- Puts mouthed toys in a container to be washed and sanitized before returning the toy to the center.
- Monitors the feeding of each child, holding those that are bottle-fed and those that eat baby food while they eat.
- Assists with the planning of individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and motor skills such as learning to listen to instructions, playing with others, and using play equipment.
- Assists teachers in organizing and participating in games, reading to children, and guiding children in painting, drawing, pre-literacy activities, songs, and finger-play in both indoor and outdoor learning environments.
- Guides children in practices of personal cleanliness and self-care when it is developmentally appropriate.
- Helps children develop habits of caring for their own clothing and picking up, and putting away books when it is developmentally appropriate.
- Guides and assist children in eating, resting, and toileting.
- Uses positive guidance techniques to guide children’s behavior.
- Complies with all regulations about the reporting of child abuse and neglect.
- Assists in the classroom while teachers are at the break, and home-visits.
- Maintains knowledge base in ABC, and CCDF regulations. Along with knowledge about the Head Start Performance Standards, Environment Rating Scales, Childcare Licensing, Conscious Discipline, Early Childhood best practices, and all curricula used by BRAD Child Development Programs.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and a CDA within one year of hire and experience working with infants and toddlers.
BRAD Child Development Program is an equal opportunity employer.
BRAD offers group health, dental, vision, and life insurance after 60 days of employment. Employer-paid life insurance of $20,000. Employer matched retirement plan. Employees can gain sick and annual time for each pay period.
Applications will be accepted until the end of business day Thursday, August 13, 2020, at 4:00 pm
1403 Hospital Drive Pocahontas, AR 72455
1407 Patrick Dr, Pocahontas, AR 72455-9745, United States